Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mole for Later

I thought turkey mole would be a great way to go with all of our leftover turkey, but after making turkey chili and having a few meals of leftovers, there was not much turkey left.  So we'll see how mole holds up in the freezer.  But I'm getting ahead of myself.  Let's see some ingredients!
 

 

Here's some of it cooking.  I think I added some cumin and cinnamon.
 And then some garlic.

 

I threw in this cilantro.  I saw ground coriander in one recipe and I was feeling pretty fluid.
Then the veggies and the seeds and the raisins go into the food processor.   This worked like a dream even though the photo came out blurry.    






The back to the pot and I add the tomato puree and the chocolate.

When I was done, it was a lot of mole.  I had some success with mole once before, but I still have no sense for how much mole I'm making when I head into it.  I get excited at the store when I'm scooping the nuts and the seeds out of the bins, and I get more than I need.  According to one mole ninja blogger, the fat in the nuts and the liquid in the veggies form an emulsion on the food processor.  I believe this.  It gets so thick and rich and creamy its hard to believe its not 100% nut butter and chocolate.

I still have a lot of mole to eat, but I'm pretty excited about doing this again.  I don't need so many seeds and I don't need to go so light on the chilies.  It was not hot at all.  I added a little ground cyan in the end to compensate for the lack of heat.  I also think you can add anything you want and its no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment