Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Portuguese Bean Stew

So I made this Hawaiian dish called "Portuguese bean stew."  I saw some nice looking linguica in the store and got some for Alex.  But then I started making little connections in my head, and I decided I wanted a couple of them for myself so that I could make Portuguese bean stew.

I started with some great northern beans.  Here they are pre- and post-soak.

 

Next, I browned 2 linguica and some onions too.  Then I added the cooking beans and some cut up potatoes, salt, dried oregano, and pimenton.
 

I got tired of cooking, so I did not finish cooking the stew the first night.  After a couple hours of cooking, I let it cool and the fridged it in its pot.

See, here it is the next day:
 

I put half of it away and used just half for this evening's stew.
I added tomatoes.


 

parsley
 

cayenne and more pimenton.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment