Ok. Summer's over and I shouldn't waste my time cooking, so I'm keeping it simple. Found a single bone-in rib chop at the Harris Teeter. Perfect! The bone-in rib chop is by far my favorite pork chop.
I just season with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic and let sit on counter for at least 2 hours to come to room temperature. I really think lots of time to really come up to room temperature is way better. That way the cooking process has a smaller temperature change to produce, and you can get a wider span of the center to is cooked the perfect amount. Here it is seasoned and sitting on the counter for 2 hours.
It looked the same for the full 2 hours, so I only need one photo. Very efficient!
Next, I pan sear. And I take photos.
Now, I let it rest for 5 minutes or so. Which gives time for another photo and an appearance of my old hefty mac knife.
And then I slice ... and take another photo cuz that's really fun.
See. I got the doneness in the center pretty good. A lot of rosy pink cooked meat.





No comments:
Post a Comment