Friday, September 30, 2011

Pork Chop with Canned Chickpea Piperade

I thought I would be the efficient gourmet and cook by chickpeas and veggies in the pan with the pork chop fat and fond.  Here's the starting lineup
I started with veggie chopping because that takes longer than frying a pork chop.
Then pork chop frying

 I did my can opening before the last minute.  This lets me appreciate the beautiful chickpeas and tomatoes.  Those chickpeas are just 57 cents!
I love Furmano's tomatoes.  We had these back when I was a kid.  The color scheme on the label screams authentic Italian.  They are from Pennsylvania, which is a great place for growing tomatoes.  I can get these here in NC, but not in CA.
Next, the onions in the pan drippings.

next, is new move I invented.  Cut the fatty portion of the chop and chop and add to veggies
Next, add tomatoes and chickpeas, and then serve with pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment