Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sliders -- A Flippin' Nightmare!

OK.  We did a burger night

That's our red meritage from Livermore.  I still think of California wine as the perfect pairing for burgers since our great experience at the Diamondback Grill in Sonora.
I decided on sliders given that I only had hotdog buns which I figured could be cut into half.  Well, I also had whole wheat walnut bread, but that lacks broad appeal.  However, I decided for myself on one large burger on while wheat walnut.  That's why one of them does not look like a slider.

It got dark and cold because of a solar eclipse (which is not captured well by these photos).  Nice research, Margaret!  I would have just been puzzled by the weather.
Fire and salad!

My big burger!

It tasted good, but it would have been better if it had been a little rarer.  The pink was all gone.

What did I learn?  It's really hard to deal with all those little burgers on one hot grill.  It is hard to flip them at the right time and to get them off the grill before they are over done.  Erring in the rare direction will raise objections too.  I need helpers for the grilling event.  Flipping, cheese prep, and dog control are too much for me to do by myself if the burgers are to all be a perfect medium rare.  Next time will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment