Saturday, October 15, 2011

stewed beef with mirepoix and peppers

I'm pretty enthusiastic about the cubes of "stew beef" that I can get at the grocery store for 3 to 6 dollars per pound.  It is pretty lean and pretty tender and its already cut up.  It is not as nice as sirloin, but I have not found anything else that I think is a nicer lean stew beef.  I should find out what it's cut from, but I currently behave as if it is cut from a part of the animal called the stew and as if meat cut from the stew is pretty good.
 Brown the beef and then start adding parts of the mirepoix.

 and the peppers
I cooked til the carrots were ready.  The beef could have gone longer and gotten more tender, but it was good like this too.
 I served on a small plate to up the art quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment